* In nature reserve „Lubāna Wetland complex” is possible observe 257 bird species from which 70 are rare and protected. Lake Lubāns and fishponds are one of the most important rest and feeding places in the country for migrating water birds. It is also a nesting place for 29 specially protected bird species of Europe - Lesser Spotted Eagle (Clanga pomarina), White-tailed Eagle (Haliaeetus albicilla), Whooped Swan (Cygnus cygnus), Corncrake (Crex crex), Great Snipe (Gallinago media) - and place where many endangered bird species of the world can be found - Great Snipe (Gallinago media), Corncrake (Crex crex), White-tailed Eagle (Haliaeetus albicilla), Osprey (Pandion haliaetus) et al.
* In the spring, more than 15 thousand geese gather in the flock on the agricultural land adjacent to the lake. Spring is the best time for bird diversity and amount around lake. The lake, agricultural lands, rivers, canals, fish ponds provide an interesting diversity of birds at Lake Lubāns surrounding.
* The bird-watching season starts in the second half of March, the culmination of spring migration is in the second half of May, but it subsides in mid-June. Although autumn migration is usually much more modest, Lake Lubāna also attracts bird watching enthusiasts from September to October.
Bird watching routes:
* Trip around the lake (3 – 4 h).
* Bird watching near Lubāna Wetland information centre and tourism centre „Bāka” (1 – 2 h).
* Bird watching from bird towers and on agricultural land (2 – 3 h).
* Brochure Birds of Lake Lubāns surrounding and bird watching spots
* Bird watching with guide.
* During excursion: bird watching, stories about birds, shrouding, nature values, hydrology and cultural historical heritage;
* The route for each group is planned individually, taking into account the interests and time limit.
* For group over 10 pers. – 3 EUR per hour per participant.
* For group up to 10 pers. – 20 EUR per hour per group.